5 Gorgeous Fall/Winter 2017 Nail Trends To Try ASAP
The coming fall season can make almost anyone fall in love (all over again) with classic red and deep wine polish, but it would be a shame to miss out on some of the coolest nail trends this autumn-winter. Read on for fun ideas you can try yourself!
1. Dry Brushing. As seen backstage at Micheal Costello, dry brushed nails feature two colors—one base color and a second, contrasting color messily swiped horizontally on the upper half of the nail. The trick is to get a minimal amount of polish on the brush (hence, “dry” brushing).
2. A Touch of Gold. Nails featured flecks of gold (gold glitter or gold confetti made for nails). Check out the festive nails at Ulla Johnson.
3. Fun Neutrals. There were a wide variety of fun neutrals featured on the runway. Most of them were opaque rather than sheer and came in various hues—sand, beige, gray, and khaki.
4. Tipped Manis. Inspired by French Manicures—but *way* more avant garde—these looks featured nails with thick, colorful tips in all hues. (See above photo for example).
5. Enticing Darks. Of course, it wouldn’t be a true fall without a few vampy shades thrown in the mix! Get creative with dark polish and try a deep brown or a navy with a slight metallic sheen (as seen at Jonathan Simkhai).
What’s your favorite Autumn-Winter nail trend?